Ready To Cut CNC Art

Stick Fonts

Carr

registered
I want to be able to attach a "stick" or single line font words to a circle in Inkscape using "text to path." I understand that "stick" fonts won't work because they are a single line, and do not have a closed path.

Has anyone come up with a way to incorporate this type of font into a plasma cut object? The part I am cutting is fairly small, so a stick font would be perfect. Maybe the only alternative is to increase the size of the part, and use the standard closed path fonts.

Thanks for the help!

Carr

I don't know if this is going to be any help or not, as I am unfamiliar with what you are using, but ... I am currently using MasterCam X8 and if I need to use "stick" letters I just cut them as an "open" chain. I have to etch part numbers and more importantly revision levels into all of our prototypes to keep them all straight prior to actual production runs, and I'm able to make text that's only .100 tall on our laser using the open chaining. I understand my kerf is only .010 as opposed to a plasma, but hey .. maybe it'll work for you.

Back
Top Bottom