Ready To Cut CNC Art

SignTorch Tech Support

SignTorch

Artist
Got a question about SignTorch products?

You can post it here.

Ideally the other tutorial sections will answer most general questions, but those are just getting started and may not cover all possible questions, or direct questions about SignTorch products.

Hi, I am new to plasma cutting and design and would like to inquire about purchasing dxf files. I found your sharing page and was very impressed with the designs.
Please let me know how I can get some files to try out on my cnc. Tks

is there someone who creates graphics that I can buy for our machine. And that does custom graphics.
Thanks

Hello, I am trying to visit sign torch.com but i get the following message:

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

I was wanting to see it there is any more CD's Available

Thanks

Dunk

I have the super bundle, dog breeds, and 2013 series. In the series 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 would there be many duplicate files. Thanks Dan

There's no outright duplicates between sets - occasionally I combine an existing image into a new scene but that's rare

I am looking at getting some individual files from the dog breeds, the Labradoodle images. But they will not come up when selected? Is it a website problem or do you not sell them individually?

Having trouble with the bundle download files not opening after unzipping. I'm opening them in Inkscape using the "open" command and setting the file type to .DXF.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "dxf_input.py", line 530, in <module>
inkex.errormsg(_('%d ENTITIES of type POLYLINE encountered and ignored. Please try to convert to Release 13 format using QCad.') % polylines)
NameError: name '_' is not defined

None of the files will open.

use the SVG format for inkscape

the DXF has polylines with arcs - old school - directly compatible with gcode - supported by all CAD/CAM applications

vector graphics formats and softwares like Inkscape use bezier curves - no gcode equivalent - cannot actually form a true arc or circle - marginally supported by some CAD/CAM software - to convert to gcode, bezier curves are usually plotted as lots of tiny line segments

later version DXFs can contain SPLINES - which are a special type of bezier curve - can form true arcs - but not universally compatible with many mainstream CAD/CAM apps

see this link for one example how DXF with splines can be problematic

http://www.readytocut.com/community/threads/sheetcam-dxf-or-svg.1048/

Back
Top Bottom