Ready To Cut CNC Art

Sheetcam and 98z Plasmacam softwar

• Thread starter Thread starter Arkomo
  • Start date Start date

Arkomo

So Gary, since I have the old 98z Plasmacam software, that is limited in its design capabilities, is it possible if I could get a copy of Sheetcam. I could do my designing in it with your design files, put it on a thumb drive, take it to my old windows 98 computer that is hooked to the Plasmacam machine, and then download the finished design on the thumb drive to my old Plasmacam program and cut it out?
I do have the Inkscape on my windows 7 laptop but have no experience with it? I didn't know how hard it is to use Sheetcam either. Your experienced help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tom

in plasmacam. hit HELP, then ABOUT, and see what version of plasmacam you have

I'm not aware of any older versions lacking features, whereas basic and advanced features are locked in newer versions.

What features do you find to be missing?

I always thought the older plasmacam was better and easier than inkscape/sheetcam, or any other combination, because it handles drawing and machining. And it even handles DXF with splines. Most other software seems to have sporadic DXF support in one way or another.

So I'm not understanding where plasmacam comes up short (notwithstanding exotic text layout capability like corel draw has)

I think it is version 1.2. Just trying to work with different uploaded graphics, like yours seem a little difficult to me. If you will look at my first upload in this forums section, I uploaded a photo of the design my uncle drew up that he wanted me toake for him. I have mostly done simple brackets and other geometric cuttings on my machine. I guess maybe I am just too green.

Back
Top Bottom