Ready To Cut CNC Art

Motorcycle Speaker Grill KAY

Jay-Dee

Sir/Ma'am,

I need a design for a speaker grill with the following:

1. Total diameter size: 8-1/4"
2. Inner diameter size: Sized based on the on size of the artwork. Make porportinal please.
3. Inner diameter artwork: See picture #1 with Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity "Floating K."
4. Base Besign: See picture #2 for an idea of what I'm looking for. The Clipart from picture #1 will be in the middle circle where the logo on that picture currently is.
5. The expanded metal middle portion of the design is the illustration directly above the word "rhythm" in attachment #3.
6. The thickened outside and inside edges are beveled
7. Outside edge is about 1/4" thick and the grill slightly arch up towards the artwork in the middle so the speaker tweeter won't make contact.
8. 4 mounting hole 7.83" center to center

Cut type: CNC Plasma

Thanks,

JD
kapsigolden-320x400.jpg FB_IMG_1660694040367.jpg Screenshot_20220816-224343_Chrome.jpg

Sir/Ma'am,

I need a design for a speaker grill with the following:

1. Total diameter size: 8-1/4"
2. Inner diameter size: Sized based on the on size of the artwork. Make porportinal please.
3. Inner diameter artwork: See picture #1 with the Omega Psi Phi Clipart.
4. Base Besign: See picture #2 for an idea of what I'm looking for. The Clipart from picture #1 will be in the middle circle where the logo on that picture currently is.
5. The expanded metal middle portion of the design is the illustration directly above the word "rhythm" in attachment #3.
6. The thickened outside and inside edges are beveled
7. Outside edge is about 1/4" thick and the grill slightly arch up towards the artwork in the middle so the speaker tweeter won't make contact.
8. 4 mounting hole 7.83" center to center
9. I need this same design for in another size as well: Diameter (6-11/16"), Mounting holes (6.3") center to center. Everything else is the same.

Cut type: CNC plasma

Thanks,

JD
Omega-Psi-Phi-Fraternity (1).jpg FB_IMG_1660694040367.jpg Screenshot_20220816-224343_Chrome.jpg

[BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Sir/Ma'am[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)],[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]I need a design for a speaker grill with the following[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]1. Total diameter size: 8-1/4"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]2. Base Besign: See picture #1 for an idea of what I'm looking for. I need my design just like this, however it will be an Infinity symbol connecting side to side. See The Clipart from picture[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)] #2[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]3. There will be wired mesh added underneath similar to the illustration. Pattern Same as that in the picture. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]4. The thickened outside edges are beveled and the Infinity symbol is beveled as well.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]5. Outside edge is about 1/4" thick and the grill slightly arch [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]up towards the middle. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]6. 4 mounting hole 7.83" center to center[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]7. I need this same design [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]for in another size as well: Diameter (6-11/16"), Mounting holes (6.3") center to center. Everything[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)] else is the same.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Thanks,[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]JD[/BCOLOR]

Cut type: cnc plasma

DSC08507.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

I combined these because they are related and have common dimensions

The mounting hole diameter is not specified and the outer ring scales to about 1/2" while the inner ring scales to about 1/4" - please clarify if the outer ring is to be 1/4" wide or 1/2"

To be similar to the grills as pictured - the dog would be about 2-3/4" tall - on the large part - that is too small to get very good detail and at that size any details will be very thin.

The fish-scale mesh will have a thin cross section - what's the thinnest you are comfortable cutting - I've shown 1/16" and .1" mesh width for reference

It would seem more practical to enlarge the center ring and symbols - add spokes - and have a screen backing like the infinity symbol - and do the infinity symbol the same way - so they all have the same structural design with upward arching spokes and mesh backing

That would have nice aesthetics where the fish-scale mesh does not match the circular design and it doesn't really fit well in the narrow spacings of the smaller parts

Let me know if that would be viable or if it must be as requested.
2022-08-17_9-54-01.jpg

Outer scale - .5 inch is fine

.1 on the mesh is fine.

.25" on the mounting hole diameters

I Agee that enlarging the center image and adding spokes with mesh backing is a good idea for the designs

What about the 3rd design with the floating K? I didn't see you mention anything about it.

I would expand the K like the dog to fill the space - do you want to include the diamond shape around the text?

for consistency it should have the spokes like the others - and it will look the same whether its in a smaller ring with spokes or a bigger ring without spokes

the spokes give you a good chance to press the exact same raised bend in all of the parts and press the exact same bend in the backing screens - notwithstanding you'd have one bend geometry for the large parts and one for the small parts - and a bonus is that the parts and screens would be stackable

that's what I'd do - but its up to you - I don't know if uniform geometry and reproducibility is that important for your application

Ok I agree with your rationale! Let's move forward with them. Please let me know whaybI need to do.

Thanks Much,

Sorry for this but I have a last minute design change only for the 6.5" and 8" dawg illustration grillz. I just changed speakers and the tweeter in the middle of those speakers is raised at least .75" in above the level mounting surfave which would not allow the grillz to mount.

Can we do a blank inner diameter at 2 3/8" so the tweeter can fit through it and then have the words "OMEGA PSI PHI" flowing in a 360 degree rotation around the inner diameter. The words can essentially take the place of the support spokes?

I will send the files in a private conversation

the small dog wouldn't fit within the ring so I removed the inner ring on that one

grillk6.jpg grillk8.jpg grilli6.jpg grilli8.jpg grillo6.jpg grillo8.jpg grill8.jpg grill6.jpg

Sir/Ma'am,

I think I figured a way for the grillz to work with the raised tweeter in the middle and that is to make it a 2 piece. Similar to the 1st attachment fro Xbs. The designed piece is angled up and screws into the mesh piece. Same mount dimensions from earlier.

For the design piece I need it just like the "KAY" one you made except have the Greek symbols of Omega Psi Phi. See attachment 3.

FB_IMG_1661350666993.jpg grillk8.jpg omega-psi-phi-logo.jpg

I need to fix the emails to not look like the web site

the emails are just a notification about new content and files on the web site

the emails are confusing because they look like the web site itself

but they don't do anything and you have to come to the web site to get to what the email is about

in this case - I sent the files in our private conversation - click on the envelope in the upper right to view the conversation to get the files

Back
Top Bottom