Cowboy Hat Help - Fit Text To Path

Cowboy Hat Help - Fit Text To Path

Dawgonhawg

Here is a cowboy hat I cut and powder coated. The file belongs to a friend who's machine is down and he ask me to cut this for him.
I like the file so much he said I can use it. What I need is how to add text to the hat band similar to the finished piece. I tried to add THE STEWART'S using Corel x5 and fit to path. The letters will not spread out along the path. I will be making several of these ( I hope) so info on what I need to do will be appreciated. My friend used Plasma Cam software which I don't have. I would love to have the Design Edge but PC said $3000 since I do not own one of there machines. Help will be appreciated..

Dawg

DSC_1117.JPG

In this video I used Fit-Text-To-Path, but by the end I decided I'd have to try it with the envelope tool to,

Gary thanks so much for the video. I'm guessing connecting the path line was what I needed to help get the text to path.
Look forward to the envelope version if you choose to do that video.

Dawg

Thanks Gary another useful lesson, will be interesting to see the envelope version sometime.
Cheers

Thanks Gary, I learnt something new, changing direction by altering the start node. I didn't know why sometimes I couldn't get the text to go the way I wanted.
Thanks Murray

Back
Top Bottom