Ready To Cut CNC Art

Train

RusticOak

Hello!!

Customer wants the attached picture of a train with BIG BOY TOYS above it. The train needs to be 24" with as much detail as possible. I don't think we need to go bigger for detail but we can if need be. Thank you!!

Photo Jun 02 2024, 1 35 07 PM.jpg

What's your kerf width and how thin of a gap are you comfortable with?

To get much of that small detail at all it will be packed in there with really thin gaps and not much room for all the details at that size.

train.jpg
train2.jpg

My kerf is .049 I believe. Might be a tad less. He does not mind going bigger in size, what would you recommend?

I would recommend 36" minimum and not as much detail as possible

like this

train4.jpg

rather than like this

train3.jpg
dozer.jpg

because that will take all day to draw and be a lot of small cuts and still not have all the detail - note: that dozer is 30" for laser cutting - at 36" for plasma that train will not have quite that level of detail

and I would put Big Boy Toys below it instead of above it because that seems more practical and visually appealing

and I will have to charge more than usual to do as much detail as possible because that will be a lot of drawing

and at 36" it will still come up short on all the small detail like pipes and valves and seams and stuff

Let's do the 36" with not as much detail. I do agree with you on the wording as well.

The text came out better on top...

train7104=-.jpg

Attachments

You must be signed in to view attachments...
  • train7104=.svg
    81.4 KB
  • train7104=.dxf
    529.7 KB
  • train7104=-.svg
    46.7 KB
  • train7104=-.dxf
    308.9 KB
train7102=-.jpg

Attachments

You must be signed in to view attachments...
  • train7102=.svg
    62.8 KB
  • train7102=.dxf
    445.7 KB
  • train7102=-.svg
    29.3 KB
  • train7102=-.dxf
    230.3 KB
Back
Top Bottom