Ready To Cut CNC Art

Steel Rose

• Thread starter Thread starter A Amend
  • Start date Start date

A Amend

Any "Schmuck" can buy roses on Valentines Day ...
Rose.jpg

I like it. I had a couple files that I was using so students could make some kind-of like these, but for some unknown reason they don't cut well and I have failed when trying to edit them.

Great job!

Thank You .. the one you're looking at my 4th attempt at it, and is actually part of the arrangement on my avatar. Here is the .dxf I created to do these. I use an amada laser (.010 kerf) to cut these out of 20ga (.033 or 1.2mm) #4 finished 201 stainless. If using a plasma cutter I'm fairly certain the gaps are going to have to be enlarged. I got the inspiration for these after watching a You-Tube video by a young blacksmith in England named Alec Steele, he is quite entertaining to watch, and then searching for more instruction, I happened upon another video by "Christ Centered Ironworks" that is an EXCELLENT tutorial on how to make these, but pack a lunch 'cuz his video is about an hour and a half long. Good Luck
Rose.dxf.jpg

Attachments

You must be signed in to view attachments...
  • Rose.dxf
    327 KB
Outstanding. Thanks for the drawing and the info. I do run a plasma so I will heed your advise.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the upload. Just finished the first one for my wife for mothers day. I re-drew it to plasma cut with 0.080 kerf out of 14 guage and then forge finished and oil quenched.

20190511_151401.jpg

Back
Top Bottom