Ready To Cut CNC Art

Plasmacam - Router - Repair or Retrofit

SignTorch

Artist
Hello, I have a Plasmacam DHC that has a bad controller. I can replace the controller for $498 plus shipping. I use only a router on it cutting wood. I watched your video on changing the machine to run on Mach 3. I would like to add a Z-axis to control the height better than the Plasmacam software that I am using. The cost of upgrading with Plasmacam is too expensive for me,I as I am retired now. I am just seeking some alternatives . I know the PlasmaCam was designed to be a metal cutting machine, but with the new DesignEdge and the mods for 3D cutting available, it does offer a solution. It is just more than I want to spend right now. Maybe better off just replacing the controller and continue using it with limitations. Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.

That's a good question. For me, it all hinges on the fact that the plasmacam gantry will only support a wrinky dink router and z-axis, and adding weight on the Z axis only increases instability while reducing usable speed and acceleration, so I'd recommend repairing/upgrading only for plasma cutting purposes. Or if you can't manage your own electronics and software implimentation, then retrofitting is not a turn key solution.

Back
Top Bottom