Ready To Cut CNC Art

cut path cuts as circle

travis brunner

registered
I have a plasma machine and when I click the dfx file and it goes to my cutting screen, I create cut path but when I go to cut it out all it is is a circle. Am I missing a step?

I'm not sure of all I got. I just started my duct fab shop 4 months ago and I never did the artwork before. All I can say is that When I save the zip file and go to the dxf file in the zip file the picture comes right up on the screen and then I create the cut path and save it to my plasma software, and when I go to cut it out it's just a circle. I'll get back to you when I figure out all the things you need to know about my system. I have a plasma cutter from Production Products. It's a reburbished lockformer and they just put all their new stuff on it. They make their own but this was cheaper. Thanks for your time

I'm more confused now, I'll assume you have a lockformer table with vulcan software, for which there is very little concrete information that I can find,

my guess is you need to scale the design up after importing and before converting to cut path, or you may have to scale it up in CAD software before importing, and that might help, but it's hard to be sure...

not familiar with either

when you say "save it to my plasma software"

are you saving a DXF or gcode?

either way, upload whatever you saved and we'll see if it's a picture or a circle at that point

Back
Top Bottom