2013 Series -  Videos

2013 Series - Videos

SignTorch

Artist
Here's some videos of the 2013 Series drawing process.

once I get a high resolution black and white like these, raster to vector works like a charm and the rest of the process goes pretty quick...

So these all look like you drew these up free hand then you took a picture and now tracing them ? How is your tracing line staying on the line so smoothly ? As always you do such great work!

Thanks, yes, exactly. There's two reasons it looks smooth. 1) I have been drafting and drawing all my life, so I have good hand coordination and 2) I recently installed a program called Lazy Nezumi that smooths out small scale pen jitter when zoomed out that much, which I will explain in more detail once I get caught up, it's the little orange cursor, without that I'd have to zoom in more and draw more carefully.

Good stuff, looking forward to seeing more of your videos...... fair play for sharing with us!!

I wish I knew. I spread myself a little too thin. I didn't finish many drawings last year, I just made sketches and parts, and when I went to finish them, they were bigger than usual and half way through that has caused a bunch of problems and has me stressed. I'm debating whether to wrap it up or try to finish more.

Here's some samples...

3-20-2014 2-47-51 PM.gif
3-20-2014 2-48-05 PM.gif
3-20-2014 2-48-33 PM.gif
3-20-2014 2-48-45 PM.gif
3-20-2014 2-49-13 PM.gif
3-20-2014 2-47-34 PM.gif

I'm sure it'll all work out.
While I think scenes are a good acquisition to those starting out I personally get better use from component type collections. I don't think there are any better value collections than your Gary especially where I look at usability and versatility, hey your the only one I've seen with kangaroos and koalas, now we just need some platypus, wombats, echidna, wedge tailed eagles, fairy wrens, eucalypts, zanthorias, mellelucas, Aussie outback ... I could go on with a wish list.
Murray

Getting excited for the new series. I work for a hvac shop and only occasionally get the chance to cut art out. Wish I had the time and money to do it more. your art is awesome and cuts smooth! Thanks!

Gary, can this same tracing process be used on the Wacom Intuos Pro? Will it work with a piece of paper over the screen and tracing over the paper?
Trying to make my decision to purchase the tablet.

Thanks, Jim

yes and yes, it's best to get used to tracing on screen, you can trace a paper picture or object on the tablet but that's tedious because you have to watch the tablet and the screen at the same time

Gary can correct me if I'm wrong here but pretty sure these were done on Wacom Cintiq.

As Gary pointed out on the other thread the main difference in use between the Cintiq and Intuos is that on the Cintiq you have the image where you are drawing with the stylus actually on underlying image, ie monitor and tablet as one, with the Intuos you have the tablet separate so the image is typically on the monitor in front of you with the tablet on the table or wherever in front of and separate to the monitor.

The earlier Wacom tablets had a clear plastic film which you could put an image under and do a live trace but the current ones don't but you can place an image on the tablet and tape it in place or use platic film to hold it there and do a live trace too. Pen pressure and sensitivity is adjustable so you can even trace varying thickness's this way.

I purchased my tablet online but Wacom distributors here in Oz actually have sample ones in the showrooms that you can go and spend as long as you like trying before buying.
Murray

sorry answered simultaneously, Gary types quicker though ;)

Back
Top Bottom